Publishing Operations Lead
Posted: September 2020
The Publishing Operations Lead oversees the operations support aspects of the publishing process and interfaces with our distribution partners and their systems. This is a flexible part-time freelance position with the opportunity to grow into part-time employee position within the company at the start of 2021.
- Oversees publisher presence and listings in Coresource and other databases including maintaining up-to-date best practices and internal controls
- Interfaces with acquisitions and editorial staff to obtain information needed to load title assets in a timely, complete, and accurate way
- Reviews and addresses error reports and data ingestion to required databases
- Owns metadata review and input in conjunction with marketing and editorial
- Reviews and maintains inventory controls for title stock levels and advises on reprint actions
- Title and inventory management across database ecosystem
- Maintains title entries on website and interfaces with IT support as needed
- Liaisons with Sales and Marketing Manager to support marketing efforts
- Supports in-house fulfillment needs as required
- College education or equivalent and some prior office experience required, preferably in publishing, project management, or similar operations.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task across multiple seasonal deadlines
- Operations and inventory experience a strong plus
- Excellent project management skills with PM experience preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Affinity for and experience with publishing subject areas strongly preferred
- Word Press experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with accounting program appreciated.
- Local to the Santa Fe/Albuquerque, NM area required
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergetic Press is a fiercely independent publisher offering paradigm-shifting books for over thirty years. Distributed worldwide by Publisher’s Group West, we publish works of significance that inspire personal and social change, present tools and ideas for sustaining ourselves and our world, and deepen our connection to our fellow human beings.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
(or click on Apply Now button).
Click for printable PDF of job listing.